The idea of using video in one form or another to enhance a retail display is not really a new concept. Even way, way back in the dark ages of retail… you know, before the flat screen… people would use CRT TV’s to play a video or a series of images.
However, in today’s futuristic society, where everyone carries around a little computer with an LCD screen, and where we even have hoverboards… things are a bit more complex. Complex and therefore far more flexible and powerful.
When LCD screens first burst onto the market, many retailers were unsure of this new technology. How could a TV screen be so flat and smooth and skinny? How could it display images without a cathode ray tube? Were there demons inside? Was it black magic?
No, it was just a new technology that was destined to enhance and permanently alter the way we created retail displays forever – and for far less investment than most people think.
4 Dimensional Retail Display Design
Now that we live in the golden age of LCD enlightenment, there lies before us a virtually limitless landscape of opportunity and creativity. The LCD screen now gives us tremendous power to create a retail display that’s truly right out of a science fiction movie.
In the early days of LCD, like any technology, retailers weren’t so sure about it because the screens were large and somewhat odd. They were difficult to install and maintain and had limited functionality.
Now, however, all of these concerns have been met and resolved far beyond everyone’s wildest expectations. For example, our retail display LCD media players:
- – Can be a variety of sizes from a few inches to many feet across.
- – Compact and lightweight.
- – Easily blended into an artistic border or display graphic.
- – Always come with built-in memory for video and image display.
- – Are unmistakingly eye-catching.
- – Low power consumption.
The LCD screen brings what I like to call a 4th dimension to any retail display. Here’s why:
- Our LCD screens can be programmed to activate using a motion sensor. In this way, you save power by not having to run the display all of the time, and it grabs the attention of a passer-by when the screen and its associated video and audio come to life seemingly on cue.
- LCD screens can also be touch screens, like those found on your smart devices. This means that not only can they inform either automatically or when the motion sensor is tripped – the screen can also allow your customers to dive deeper into the product. They can choose to learn more, see demos, testimonials and even communicate directly via the web.
- The modern LCD screen is highly adaptable. You can easily completely alter the display and the functionality anytime you want, or re-use the LCD screen in another retail display altogether.
We live in a time of interactivity. Today’s customer expects more from life, because they carry around an interactive LCD computer screen themselves.
For those looking to get the most mileage from their retail displays, making use of the enormous variety of LCD screens that are available is not just a wise business decision – it’s demonstrating to the customer that you know what they want and that you’re willing to provide it.
One final advantage of the LCD screen in the retail display is that these devices are remarkably affordable. Like most technologies that have had a few decades to mature, their functionality has grown geometrically while the cost has plummeted.
So in your next retail display, consider integrating a 4th dimension of sell ability – the LCD screen.